Product Version: 6.5 +
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: February 8, 2017
When ProfileUnity client tools are installed on Windows Embedded desktop, opening 3rd party application might cause a blue screen application crash.
Windows Embedded is NOT supported operating system to be in use with ProfileUnity but it is possible to use ProfileUnity with limited functionality.
Modules which will be disabled after implementing steps below:
- Privilege Elevation - In this module configures a user to open certain application with "Administrator" privileges even if the user is not an administrator.
- Application Restrictions - This module blocks user from opening special applications.
- FlexApp UIA - User Installed Applications
- FlexApp DIA - Departmental Installed Applications
Step 1) Stop ProfileUnity Services (Container-DIA, Elevation/Restrictions-UIA) from installing:
Edit: ...\Netlogon\ProfileUnity\LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Startup.exe.config (LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Startup.Update.exe.config if 6.7.5 or later) Or and Change following two sections of the configuration file:
<setting name="InstallFlexAppService" serializeAs="String">
<setting name="InstallContainerService" serializeAs="String">
Step 2) Reinstall ProfileUnity client.
a) If the client is installed on the base image.
- Run this commands in elevated cmd:
- \\domain\netlogon\profileunity\LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Startup.exe /uninstall
b) If the client tools are installed with GPO
- Refresh your pool(s)