User see something like this:
Notice that domain dropdown is empty and the license shows nothing.
The database is likely having problem. In this case, the pg_xlog is full and PostgreSQL is unable to process transactions. The solutions are either to increase the disk 5, which is /var/lib/pgsql_xlog, or redirect /var/lib/pgsql/current/data/pg_xlog to another location that has plenty of space. You can even put pg_xlog back in its /var/lib/pgsql for the time being if it has plenty of space. The process involves:
- Stop services on Hub and postgres on DB
- Remove the symlink /var/lib/pgsql/current/data/pg_xlog
- Create a new pgsql_xlog somewhere else, or simply create pg_xlog directory in /var/lib/pgsql/current/data.
- copy over /var/lib/pgsql_xlog/* to this new pg_xlog directory, and chown postgres:postgres everything in there.
- Start postgres on DB, make sure it comes up, then start Hub services.