Product: Stratusphere FIT/UX
Product Version: 6.0.0
Expires On: 365 days from publish date
Stratusphere Security Update Patch for 6.0.
Stratusphere 6.0.0 Hub, Database, and Collector appliances.
This is a security update patch for Stratusphere 6.0 with all CentOS 6 security updates and third-party security updates until October 31st, 2017.
The same cumulative patch applies to all Stratusphere appliances i.e. Hub, Database, and Collectors. The same patch can be installed on each appliance as it applies the relevant updates as needed.
***Please make sure you have also installed the bug-fix patch for Stratusphere 6.0 as noted here: https://liquidwarelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005143943-Space-threshold-based-auto-deletes-are-not-working-in-Stratusphere-6-0
- Please log out of all Stratusphere Web UI sessions.
- Liquidware strongly recommends shutting down all appliances and taking a snapshot of your Hub, Database, and Collector appliances before proceeding.
- Liquidware recommends the following order to applying the patch and booting up appliances:
- Shut down all appliances and take snapshots
- Boot the Database appliance first, apply the patch, and reboot the appliance.
- Once the database appliance is booted up, boot the Hub, apply the patch, and reboot the Hub appliance.
- Boot each Collector, apply the patch, and reboot each Collector appliance.
- Download the following patch file using right-click and Save As:
- Use WinSCP to upload the patch from your desktop to the Stratusphere appliance based on the order documented above. Use friend/sspassword as credentials within WinSCP and upload the patch file within the default /home/friend folder.
- Use PuTTY to SSH to the Stratusphere appliance using friend/sspassword as credentials. Then switch to the superuser using the command 'su -' and enter sspassword when prompted.
- Execute the following commands:
- cd /home/friend
- chmod +x stratusphere.600.20171031.update.sh
- On a successful install, the appliance should reboot on it's own in 30 seconds. Please ignore some messages regarding the RPMDB and other non-fatal warnings.
- Please apply the patch to each Stratusphere appliance in the order documented in the Preparation section above.
- Please wait 10-15 minutes for the Stratusphere services and Web UI to be available. Then log into the Web UI to navigate around the UI to ensure proper operation of the product.
- After a few days of normal operation, please remove the snapshots that were taken prior to installing the security updates.