Expires on: 365 days from publishing
Updated: Feb 13, 2022
Antivirus slows logon while scanning of ProfileUnity Program Files and directories.
Cause Slow down of the VM
Cause file corruptions
Slow logon, Slow logoff, 7z's are created very slowly on the users file share.
Slow loading of FlexApp applications
Corruption of Portability Archives
Exclude the following scripts and executables. You can gain a full list of ProfileUnity files and directories using following output
1. Open CMD
2. CD to ProfileUnity directory C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity
3. Run dir /b /s
Filter Level drivers
ProfileUnity on network shares:
Note:This is the current default deployment path. If unsure, check the ProfileUnity console under Administration (top right)->ProfileUnity Tools->Deployment Path.
User's home portability/vhdx directories:
- Exclude:*.7z, *.lou,*.lbr *.vhd *.vhdx and*.manifest files located inside.
DIA software storage location for DIA applications:
- Exclude: *.vhd *.vhdx
ProfileUnity Temporary directories:
System Temp Directories:
User Temp Directory
- This directory can be redirected to a fixed location like C:\PUTemp using ProfileUnity ADM GPO template.
- KB: How to setup custom ProfileUnity Temp directory.
The FlexApp package and ProfileDisk mount directories:
For SMB cache mode and cloud for FlexApp Block level caching:
- Block cache path = C:\DiskShadowData
When using Citrix VDA 7.1.4 or above.
Add C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe to the trusted program list.
ProfileUnity Console executables on the PU Server:
- All Exe's in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Liquidware Labs\ProfileUnity" and sub folders
- All Exe's in "C:\Program Files\MongoDB" and sub folders
Symantec users, please refer to this KB as well: