Product Version: 6.5+
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: July 5, 2016
I am creating a FlexApp Packaging Console and need to disable the Windows Defender service.
Disabling Windows Defender is done through either local or domain Group Policy.
1. Open the Group Policy Management Console and create a new GPO, or edit an existing one.
2. Open Computer Configuration->Policies->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender.
3. Open the 'Turn off Windows Defender' policy.
4. Set that policy to 'Enabled'.
5. Reboot or refresh the virtual machines to apply the Group Policy.