Product Version: 6.7.5+
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: April 12, 2018
How to collect diagnostic logs
Using the diagnostic tool: (6.7.5 and later)
- From the ProfileUnity client machine run "C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\Client.NET\LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Diagnostic.exe". Do not "Run as Administrator".
- After the diagnostic tool has run,the diagnostic tool will create a zipped file, which includes the diagnostic results and relevant log files, in %temp%.
(For version prior to 6.8.3, the diag log bundle is in C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\Client.NET. )
- Send the zipped diagnostic results, GPResult & Report html files to the support engineer that is working with you to resolve your issue. If the results need to be scrubbed of any sensitive information, please see the section below - Scrubbing Sensitive Data
Using the diagnostic tool in Govt institutions
(Optional) Scrubbing Sensitive Data:
In certain situations the diagnostic results may need to be scrubbed of sensitive/classified information.
We recommend using an editor like Notepad++ to find replace user names, servers names etc...
Here is an example of how you could use an editor like Notepad++.
- Extract the zipped diagnostic results.
- Open all the files that were extracted in Notepad++.
- Using the Find and Replace feature within Notepad++, search and replace the desired data. Use the option to Replace All in All Opened Documents.
Please try to replace the data with distinguishable names. For example instead of replacing everything with "Scrubbed", use generic terms like - ProUServer1, VMware CS 2, ServerIP, etc... This will help in identifying components for troubleshooting without revealing anything sensitive.
- After scrubbing the files, select the option to Save All.
- Zipped the scrubbed files and send the file to the support engineer that is working with you to resolve your issue.