Product Version: 5.2 and above
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: September 25, 2014
Error message during logon:
Unable to retrieve details for license group "PU_Group_Name". ProfileUnity will not apply settings for users that are not a member of this group. Please contact Liquidware Labs for licensing assistance.
The security name is correct, but ProfileUnity is not finding the security group.
1.Open the license file (profileunity.lic) in the \\domain\NETLOGON\ProfileUnity directory and make sure that the line beginning 'license_group=' contains the correct spelling of the security group you are using for your ProfileUnity users.
2.Check the domain controllers to make sure they are operating and are accessible via the %logonserver% variable.
3. If both of the above are correct, change the security group name to the full distinguished name of the security group using the instructions below.
To find the distinguished name:
1. Install Active Directory Explorer from Microsoft's web site here. Note: Liquidware Labs assumes no responsibility for any third-party software used during diagnostic efforts.
2.Browse to the security group.
3. Double-click the distinguishedName attribute on the right-hand side and copy everything from "Values" field.
4. Open the ProfileUnity.lic file and replace the short Security Group name with its full distinguishedName attribute .
5. Save and close the license file, then attempt to connect again.
Another option is to change Security Group name (within ProfileUnity.lic) to:
(as "ProfileUnity" is a security group name)