Product Version: 5.2
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: November, 9 2012
Logon time is slow over 30 seconds when flex app and Flex App (VHD drive) is used with ProfileUnity
During Profile Unity logon PU splash screen is hanging for an extended period of time
A large part of the VHD mount time is the time it takes windows to install the VHD SCSI driver during login.
- · Run startup.vbs on the base image, this will make boot time faster because we won’t have to copy down and start services each time.
- · Create a 10 MB Flat disk in c:\windows\temp\VHD-SCSI.vhd with disk mgmt.
- · Create a directory called c:\windows\temp\VHD-SCSI
- · Format and mount to the flat disk to c:\windows\temp\VHD-SCSI
- · Create a schedule task like the following
- o Name any “VHD SCSI Driver install”
- o Run task as system
- o Run if the user is logged on or not
- o At system startup
- o Action
- § <path>\vhd.exe
- § /p c:\windows\temp\VHD-SCSI.vhd /m C:\Windows\Temp\VHD-SCSI /log c:\windows\temp
- § Start in path would be path to VHD.exe
- · You should be able to use disk mgmt. unmount the VHD and run the task by hand and also reboot to make sure your schedule task is working like it should.
Note: Please contact support if your logon times are over 30 seconds as this might be indication of other detrimental environmental factors.\
Note: If you have version 5.5 and above this KB does not apply to you.