Product Version: All
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: August 28, 2017
How do I uninstall ProfileUnity client?
Step 1. If ProfileUnity client is installed on the base image or installed locally on a physical machine:
For ProfileUnity 5.5 and earlier:
Run uninstall.vbs from netlogon\profileunity folder.
If this does not work, open an elevated command prompt and use this command:
For ProfileUnity 6.5 and later:
Option A. Automatic Uninstall: (Batch script attached)
From a command prompt, run the following command or edit the GPO and replace computer startup script with this line:
Note: This command can be also run in elevated command prompt.
Option B. Manual Uninstall
Manual uninstall AFTER the Programs/Features uninstall fails:
1. In cmd prompt:
sc stop lwlelevation
sc stop lwlprofile
sc stop lwlcontainerservice
sc stop lwluserapp
sc stop cbreg
sc delete lwlelevation
sc delete lwlprofile
sc delete lwlcontainerservice
sc delete lwluserapp
sc delete cbreg
sc delete cbfltfs4
2. Delete C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity folder
3. Open regedit:
1. Delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Liquidware Labs"
2. Edit "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\userinit" and change "C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\userinit.exe" to "C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe"
3. Delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\lwl_prof_info"
4. Delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\LwlCredMgr"
5. Remove "LwlCredMgr" from the list in "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order\ProviderOrder"
4. Go back into Programs and Features and uninstall the ProfileUnity client again (it will prompt to remove from list)
5. Reboot machine (make sure you've deleted the Startup portion of the GPO so it doesn't get reinstalled)
Step 2. Delete the ProfileUnity Group Policy in Group Policy Management Console, or remove its assignment to the computers and users OUs.
Step 3. Remove users from "ProfileUnity" security group so the ProfileUnity client will not execute during user logon.
Step 4. Delete the ProfileUnity folder (by default this will be on a domain controller in the NETLOGON\ProfileUnity share).
Step 5. Restart all machines in the desktop pool or all physical machines that previously had ProfileUnity installed.
Step 6. Delete all portability files (if existent) from the user's shares.
In case you have remaining locked file for lwl-proc-info64-sys