Product Version: 5.6
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: Oct 9, 2013
Changing redirected shell folder location to a new redirected directory using Profile Unity (with file exclusions)
This is an instructional KB that does not have symptoms.
This is a 2-step process. First step is copying the content to a new location, and second step changes the redirection path (therefore scheduling some down time is required).
1. On VDI non-persistent the rule for Desktop redirection supposed to look similar to the below image.
It is No change (for non-persistent desktops)
2. You need to add another rule that will copy the content to a designated folder. You can include exclusions.
NOTE: "Only Redirect Local Shell Folders" MUST be unchecked.
3. Once all users have these folders synced to new location (and that should happen after first logon with a new updated INI file you have to disable the original rule.
4. At the same time you will need to edit your new rule (the one showing a new redirected location) to “no change”.
5. NOTE: after sync you will likely see a sync.log folder showing. Please delete or run a create a scrip to delete the file.