Product Version: 6.5+
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: November 10, 2015
Starting with ProfileUnity 5.7, drastically improved logging is available for ProfileUnity client, which is very helpful in identifying and resolving problems arising with Portability. ProfileUnity 6.5 allows us to change logging inside the ProfileUnity console.
Note: This document is for 6.5+ only. For versions 5.7-6.0, see this document.
- Open ProfileUnity Console
- Edit ProfileUnity configuration
- Go "Main"
- Select: "Enable Client Log Filter"
- Select Client Login Level: Debug
- Optional: Client Logging Filter
- Optional: Client Logging Path
- ProfileUnity System logs by default will go to: "C:\Windows\Temp\ProfileUnity".
- ProfileUnity user logs will go to: "%temp%\ProfileUnity".
- OPTIONALLY you can send the logs to a network share such as \\server\share\%username% be sure to set the permissions on the share as outlined here:
- Once the changes have been made to the config click UPDATE in the upper right hand corner of the ProfileUnity console
- Re-download the ini to your netlogon location
Related KB: Where to find ProfileUnity logs?