Product Version: 5.7
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: December 13, 2013
Is ProfileUnity using Microsoft's .NET 3.5 if it does do I need to install .NET 3.5?
ProfileUnity Client's Portability engine is build out of .NET 3.5.1
- Windows 7 has .NET 3.5.1 installed and enabled out of the box
- No action is taken
- Windows 2008 R2 we enabled .NET 3.5.1 with startup.vbs (no internet connection required)
- .NET 3.5.1 is enabled (automatically) with a registry switch when startup.vbs runs and ProfileUnity Client is installed on the system.
- Windows XP/2003/2008 non-R2 we run the older portability engine hard coded (Legacy by default)
- .NET 3.5.1 is not required.
- Windows 8/8.1/2012/2012 R2 we run older portability engine if .NET 3.5.1 is not enabled
- .NET 3.5.1 needs to be enabled on the base image (manually) for ProfileUnity to run at full speed. (This also requires internet connection)
Note: Future version of ProfileUnity won't require .NET 3.5 to run.