Product Version: 5.7
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: December 19, 2013
UAC prompts showing for certain applications/scripts after an upgrade to ProfileUnity 5.7
"Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?
Program name: Registry Editor
Verified publisher: Microsoft Windows
Program location: "regedit.exe" Is pointing to "ProfileUnity-Printer-Connections.reg"
UAC prompts showing after upgrade to 5.7. An example shown below..
This will be resolved with next release of ProfileUnity, current workaround requires following steps:
1. Edit your configuration
2. Click on Registry
3. Click on "Add Registry Rule"
4. Click "Manual"
5. It is necessary to add TWO registry rules
--- First Registry Rule ---
- FILTER: You may use a filter if you want to test on a particular user or a group.
- ACTION: Add Value
- HIVE: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- KEY: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
- TYPE: REG_SZ
- VALUE: C:\Windows\regedit.exe
- DATA: RUNASINVOKER
- DESCRIPTION: not required
--- Second Registry Rule ---
The second rule is essentially the same; however, the value changes to c:\windows\system32\regedt32.exe (see below)
6. Update, download and replace your INI configuration file.