Product Version: 5.x
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: January 9, 2012
How to save Lotus Notes data
I would like for Lotus Notes data to roam with my users.
Step 1) Create portability ruleset capturing specific Lotus Notes directories:
Go to "Portability Management" than "Create"
Filesystem Rules to include in "Lotus Notes" ruleset:
- Merge System Drive Program Files (x86)\ibm\Lotus\Notes\notes.ini
- Merge System Drive Users\Public\Lotus\Notes\Data\names.nsf
- Merge System Drive Users\Public\Lotus\Notes\Data\desktop8.ndk
- Merge System Drive Users\Public\Lotus\Notes\Data\*.id
- Merge System Drive Users\Public\Lotus\Notes\Data\Bookmark.nsf
Step 2) Create New Portability Rule:
- Go to "Configuration Management"
- Edit your configuration
- Go to "Portability Settings"
- Create a new Portability setting rule
- Select same name of (Lotus Notes) ruleset which was created in step 1.
- Save, Update, Download Default.ini to netlogon\profileunity folder.