Product Version: 5.x
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: January 15, 2015
How to migrate .PST files to a specific location on the server or a share?
The attached vb script will connect to Outlook, record pst locations, remove the pst from Outlook, copy the pst’s to a new location and reattach the users pst files to Outlook.
Step 1) pst_files.txt
- Modify the "pst_files.txt"
Line 23 – needs to be updated with a valid server name for the log file location.
Line 68 – needs to be updated with a valid copyLocation. This is where the pst files will be moved.
- The attached "pst_files.txt" The txt file is a vb script and needs the file extension changed to .vbs.
- Copy the "pst_files.vbs" to "netlogon\profileunity" share
Step 2) Migrating PST Files.json
Open ProfileUnity Console and select "Import" than select the "Migrating PST Files.json"
- Edit the "Migrating PST Files" Configuration
- Go to Application launcher
- Update this path to represent path to your own user's profile:
- A) Update Drive mapping path: "/C net use z: \\vdi-prou\profiles$\%username%"
- B) Update location of vbs script: "\\vdi-prou\netlogon\profileunity\pst_files.vbs"
- "Save" and select "Update" to save the changes in the config.
- Download "Migrating PST Files.ini" to your netlogon\ProfileUnity share.
The new "Migrating PST Files.ini" (configuration) will execute the script during the logon process thus launching the pst_files.vbs
Note: If the user has large pst files the ProfileUnity splash screen could be up for minutes.