Product Version: 5.6 and older
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: April 8, 2014
Portability issues - How to generate updated 5.6 default portability rulesets by creating new configuration
Often cause of missing settings, and other Portability issues is usage of old rulesets that has been updated in version 5.6
NOTE: Before starting make sure the rulesets are NOT part of the Portability Management already. Click on "Portability Management. 5.6 rulesets should have 5.6 at the end of the name of the file. For example "Active Setup - 5.6"
1. Make sure sure you have all of the “User Settings” selected. Click on your name (or admin)
2. Click on the Configuration Management” and click “Create”
3. Choose Guided
4. In the “deployment path” put a folder that does not exist (you will delete that folder later).
IMPORTANT: it must be different from what you have in production at this moment. Uncheck “Overwrite existing files” and click next.
5. In Template Library Choose anything – does not matter
6. Home share path – also anything – does not matter.
7. Skip the group policy configuration and click "finish".
8. It is recommended to delete a newly created guided configuration, because it was only created to generate updated rulesets and it is no longer needed. It is also recommended to delete the folder that has been created in a deployment path in point 5. That folder is also no longer needed.
9. The 5.6 rulesets should be now present in “Portability Management”. 5.6 rulesets should have 5.6 at the end of the name of the file. For example "Active Setup - 5.6"