Product Version: All 5.x and 6.x versions
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: October 7, 2014
I recently acquired an updated license file. How do I update the license file?
1. Back up your existing ProfileUnity.lic file (this is located in \\yourdomaincontroller\NETLOGON\ProfileUnity by default).
2. Open both the new and the old license files in Notepad and compare the last line of the file, $scriptstart_license_group. (See #4 in the screenshot below.) The license group named there must match the name of the existing license group in Active Directory.
3. If the new license file has a different name than the old, then update that line and save the file. Make sure you do not change the encoding of the file when you save it (it must remain ANSI, not UTF-8 or other encoding).
4. Put the new license file in the NETLOGON\ProfileUnity directory.
5. To ensure the console reflects the proper number of licenses, log into the computer/VM where you installed the ProfileUnity.NET console. Copy the new license file from the NETLOGON\ProfileUnity directory to C:\Program Files\Liquidware Labs\ProfileUnity.Net.