Product Version: 5.7.x & 6.0.x
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: Oct 24, 2014
Why are pinned items white when logging into non-persistent VDI
White shortcuts appear in place of the pinned items on the taskbar after logon.
This fix requires creating two new Registry rules and then running a special script attached to this KB.
Note: After implementing the below solution, the user's pinned items will need to be recreated.
Create two new registry rules in the ProfileUnity configuration. The first clears out old entries, the second re-creates the key, which is needed for vbs script to re-populate)
- Create a rule to delete the key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband. (See example below).
- Create a rule to add the registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband. (See example below.)
2. Download the script at the bottom of this document. Remove the .txt extension. Save the script to a shared, accessible location. (In the example below, the script is saved to a 'scripts' directory off of the main ProfileUnity directory.)
3. Running the PinnedItems Script
There are 2 options to run the script. You can create an AppLauncher Rule or a User Defined Script.
Option 1 - AppLauncher
Option 2 - User-Defined Script
%systemroot%\system32\wscript.exe \\AD\NETLOGON\Profileunity\scripts\PinnedItem.vbs //b
4. Save the configuration and download to your NETLOGON\ProfileUnity install directory, then refresh your desktop pool (View) or reboot all machines in the catalog (XenDesktop).
When saving the script below, remove the .txt extension and save it to the shared, accessible location configured above.