Product Version: 5.5 or newer
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: November 12, 2014
How To Implement An Optimized AppData Portability Rule
ProfileUnity performance can be optimized in the Application Data Portability rule set. The default Application Data Portability rule set backs up the entirety of AppData minus some exclusions. These can be optimized with additional exclusions for items already part of standard rulesets.
1. In the ProfileUnity.NET console, open your configuration and note the filter setting for the Application Data Portability rule.
2. Download the attached ruleset file.
3. In the ProfileUnity.NET console, click Portability Management on the left side.
4. In the upper-right-hand corner, click Import. Import the JSON file attached to this KB article below.
5. A new entry will appear, 'Application Data - Optimized'.
6. Delete the old Application Data rule set.
7. Add the 'Application Data - Optimized' Portability rule and set the filter according to the value you noted above.
If you prefer to create the Portability rule set yourself, the necessary settings are listed below.
Filesystem Rules: Merge Application Data
Exclude Application Data Microsoft\Windows\Themes\*Wallpaper*.*
Exclude Application Data Microsoft\Windows\Cookies
Exclude Application Data Microsoft\Credentials
Exclude Application Data Microsoft\Protect
Exclude Application Data Microsoft\Windows\Recent
Exclude Application Data Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
Exclude Application Data Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
Exclude Application Data Microsoft\Windows\Themes