Product Version: 6.0+
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: April 11, 2017
Unable to Perform Registry Cleanup! (After user's desktop loading)
Triggers are configured.
Triggers are present and are running for:
Scenario A) For all users (no filter assigned)
Scenario B) Running on a specific filter (This filter has (Logon/Logoff) selected
Scenario A) A module ( Ex. Messages, Portability, App Launcher, Printers) which is launched by a trigger has many rules that are not assigned to any filters.
1) Create a filter which would apply to the rule (inside a module) launched by the trigger.
2) Edit this filter and verify that System Event "Logon/Logoff" is not selected. (Screenshot)
Scenario B) A module ( Ex. Messages, Portability, App Launcher, Printers) which is launched by a trigger has many rules that are assigned to any different filters.
1) Edit the filter which is assigned to the rule (inside a module executed by a trigger)
2) Verify that System Event "Logon/Logoff" is not selected (Should be un-selected, look screenshot below)
3) You might need to create a copy of the each rule in a Module to have 2 copies of same rule:
a) copy of a rule running with a filter selected with logon/logoff only
b) copy of a rule running with a filter selected with trigger only. (Screenshot)
4) Have trigger event launch a separate ini which would only have trigger rules listed inside the ini.
Example of a filter used for launching a rule inside a module called by a trigger: