Product Version: 6.x
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: December 2, 2014
After upgrade to the new 6.x client the portability is not restoring/saving do to incomplete ProfileUnity installation.
Startup.vbs is configured in GPO
Any of the symptoms on this list might manifest incomplete ProfileUnity client install:
- Startup.vbs was used to install the client on base image or using GPO.
- Error: 7z64.dll does not exist
- client_PortabilitySettings_ log in %temp%\ProfileUnity is showing this error message:
"Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: can not change the library path because the file "C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\Client.NET\7z64.dll" does not exist."
- no 7z dll files are found in "C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\Client.NET" directory.
- Portability is not restoring or not saving after logoff.
- No portability logs in %temp%\ProfileUnity directory
- Missing C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\Client.Net directory
- Missing C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\FlexApp directory
- Incomplete client install missing files in "Client.Net" or "FlexApp" directories:
- Portability is not updating during logoff.
Incomplete "C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\Client.Net" directory:
Incomplete "C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\FlexApp" Directory:
ProfileUnity Client is not completely installed.
Option A) Modify ProfileUnity GPO to use .exe versus .vbs
If GPO is used to install the client and the GPO is pointing to "startup.vbs" than change needs to be done and point the GPO to "LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Startup.exe"
Edit the ProfileUnity GPO, Startup Script:
- Script Name: \\<domain.com\netlogon\ProfileUnity\LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Startup.exe
- Script Parameters: <Empty>
Option B) - ProfileUnity is installed on gold image, (master image) or PU client its installed on Physical (Persistent) Desktop
Step 1) Uninstall ProfileUnity client.
Open elevated cmd prompt
Run this executable:
Step 2) Install ProfileUnity client.
In elevated cmd prompt
Run this executable:
Run this exacutable as Administrator: "\\<domain.com\netlogon\ProfileUnity\LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Startup.exe"
Step 3) Remove Windows, Computer Startup script completly from GPO.
Last step to verify that the installation completed properly verify following components:
1) ProfileUnity directory in program files is created
2) 5 Liquidware Labs services are started and running: (Version 6.5 Update 2)
Liquidware Labs UIA Service
Liquidware Labs Profile Service
Liquidware Labs Elevation Service
Liquidware Labs Container Service
Liqudware Labs Command Service
3) contents of the "C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\Client.NET represent contents of this file: \\<domain>\Netlogon\ProfileUnity\Client.net.zip
4) contents of the "C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\flexapp represent contents of this file: \\<domain>\Netlogon\ProfileUnity\flexapp.zip
Example of all the files present in both (Complete) directories:
C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\Client.NET should have 21 Items in directory (Version 6.5. Update 2)
C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\FlexApp should have 29 Items in directory (Version 6.5 Update 2)
To check if your version of ProfileUnity is up to date go here: ProfileUnity Version Matrix.