Product Version: 6.0 Update 3
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: December 10, 2014
VHD Driver is installing during startup.
LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Startup.exe is used to install ProfileUnity client
Client 6.0 Update 3 or later is installed
For version 6.0 Patch 3, it is not necessary to upgrade the console. The instructions for upgrading the client are below.
Note: See the ProfileUnity Installation and Configuration Guide (PDF) for more information on requirements, prerequisites, and detailed instructions.
Note: Before upgrade, back up the \\domain\NETLOGON\ProfileUnity folder prior to the upgrade so that you can revert if necessary.
1. Download PUPClient_60P3 from the link in this article below.
2. Extract this .zip file. Select all the files, then right-click, Copy.
3. Browse to your \\domain\NETLOGON\ProfileUnity folder. (Note: Back up the files in that directory prior to overwriting them.)
4. Paste the new files into the \\domain\NETLOGON\ProfileUnity folder and accept any prompts to overwrite files.
Verifying the Client Tools Upgrade:
1. Right-click on any executable in the \\domain\NETLOGON\ProfileUnity folder and click Properties.
2. Click the Details tab and verify the file version. The file version can be compared with the Version Matrix here.
Edit "LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Startup.exe.config" located in "...netlogon\profileunity" directory there is a new option:
<setting name="PreInstallVhdDriver" serializeAs="String">
Setting the value to True will install the VHD driver during startup.
Setting the value to False will not install the VHD driver during startup.
(Default setting is True)
Note: That if disabled on startup and the driver is not already installed in the base, and if the configuration is
a) Mounting VHD disk
b) Mounting FlexApp UIA disk
c) Mounting DIA disk
It WILL install on login rather than startup which will have noticeable effect on login times.