Note: see this article for information on moving Folder Redirection locations.
Product: ProfileUnity FlexApp
Product Version: 6.x
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: September 2, 2015
I need to move/copy Portability information to a new location using ProfileUnity. This configuration applies to nonpersistent desktops.
This is an informational article and contains no symptoms.
1. Open your configuration using Configuration Management on the left-hand side, then click 'Portability Settings'.
2. Make a note of the last Portability rule in the list. In this example, 'Windows Appearance' is the last rule in the list.
3. Click on the Copy icon to the right of each Portability rule, making sure that there is one copy per item.
4. Beginning with the first Portability rule at the top, click 'Advanced', then remove the tick in the 'Save' box and tick 'Restore Only Once' for each rule.
5. Beginning with the first copy of each rule, click 'Advanced' and change the save path for each rule.
Note: You do not need to edit the UID. A random combination of numbers and letters is generated for each rule.
6. Once finished, you will have a copy of each rule, the first with 'Restore' and 'Restore Only Once' enabled. The second copy of each rule will have 'Save' and Restore' enabled and will have the new save path.
7. Save the configuration, then download the new .ini file to the NETLOGON\ProfileUnity folder (the network location where you originally installed ProfileUnity).
8. Have the user log in and back out. You will note that on logout, the new location is now populated with the users' Portability files.
9. The old location will have a number of .ini files in it, one per Portability file, indicating when the last restore date was, which corresponds to the last logoff time.
10. Have the user log back in to make sure their settings are restored properly. Once you have verified this, you can remove the 'Restore Only Once' rules from your configuration and delete the files from the old location.