Product Version: 5.5 or newer
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: May 2, 2017
Problem: Local Application Data Portability rule does not exist by default. A need has arisen to create one.
Symptoms: It is necessary to implement portability for Local Application Data, however, no Local Application Data portability rule exists in the ProfileUnity Console.
Step A) Create Local Application Data Portability Ruleset
Step B) Create Local Application Data Portability Rule
Step A) Create Local Application Data Portability Ruleset:
1. Log in to your ProfileUnity console, and Select "Portability Management" from the left hand column
2. Click Create to Create a new Portability Rule
3. Give the Rule a name of "LocalAppData", Enter comments to describe the rule. Then in the FileSystem Rules, select "Merge" and pull down the Folder Selection pull down to select Local Application Data and click "Add" then click "Save"
You should now be able to click into your active configuration and create a Local Application Data portability rule.
Step B) Create Local Application Data Portability Rule:
1) Edit your Configuration.
2) Go to "Portability Settings" Module.
3) Copy old rule (any rule) and modify following settings after selecting "Advanced" Tab - Bottom:
- Filter: (Same as other portability rules)
- Ruleset: LocalAppData
- Path: (Same as as other portability rules)
- UID: LocalAData
- (This will create files with LocalAData name)
Save, the setting.
Update the Configuration
Download the ini and replace old ini with new version.