Product Version: 6.5
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: Oct 8, 2015
ProfileDisk VMDK's may show off-line.
VMDK DIA packages are not playing back. Disks are attached to the VM but are not Online.
Verify that the SAN policy is set to Online by following those steps:
- Run this on base/master image of the pool and if necessary on FPC (FlexApp Packaging Console)
- Open CMD with Administrative rights
- If SAN Policy is "OnlineAll" do nothing.
- If SAN Policy is "Offline Shared" type:
- diskpart>san policy=OnlineAll
- Diskpart successfully changed the SAN policy for the current operating system.
Logon to the base image of the pool and verify that "Virtual Disk Service" is set to Automatic (change from manual), take a snapshot and recompose.
Note: It is not required to set "Virtual Disk Service" service to automatic for proper ProfileDisk operation, only if you encounter this problem.
- Step 1) Move the base image to OU where PU GPO is applying and restart.
- Step 2) Logon to the base image with ProfileUnity user which has VMDK disk assigned.
- Step 3) bring this disk "Online" manually.
- Step 4) Shutdown,
- Step 5) Remove the base image from OU where PU GPO is applying and restart.
- Step 6) Logon with any Admin user and delete all local profiles if any on the machine.
- Step 7) Shutdown and take a snapshot and recompose using new image.
Note: From this point this image should be able to handle any other user who is using same profile disk location. Note if you delete the ProfileDisk you will need to recreate the steps above.