Product Version: 6.5+
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: October 14, 2018
I would like to set custom temporary directory, normally by default its %temp%\unttmp2
This directory holds temporary ProfileUnity files during portability execution. This directory usually needs to be excluded from Virus Scanning Software to decrease logon time. Or another issues that could be stopping logon/logoff from executing.
The "Temp" path can only be set by GPO
Step 1) Configure Properly GPO - Add Computer Configuration Administrative Template
(Skip to step 8 if Admin template is in place)
- Logon to Domain controller and Open Group Policy Management
- Edit "ProfileUnity" GPO
- Expand Computer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Template, (Add/Remove Templates)
- Add, Browse to ..netlogon\profileunity directory and select. "ProfileUnity.adm" > Open
- Browse to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates > Liquidware Labs > ProfileUnity > 32 Bit AND 64 Bit
- Note. If "Liquidware Labs" Template is not visible, go to "Action" and un-select "Filter On"
Note: The Temp path does not need any special user permissions, just default Administrator permissions to that location will be efficient.