Product Version: 6.5.7
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: Nov 7, 2016
How to DIA Office 365 Professional Plus
Please make sure to review all steps in the article
- Obtain Office Deployment Tool and Office 365 installation file
- Capture Office 365 with FlexApp using the Office Deployment Tool
- Configuration-Disable Apps.json
- If you are looking to use Outlook indexing the Windows search service should be started on the FPC (FlexApp Packaging Console) during office capture. Then use the template "Outlook Search Index for Windows 7, Windows 10 and 2016 as a Desktop" in ProfileUnity 6.7.
To Obtain Office Deployment Tool and Office 365 installation files
- Download the Office Deployment Tool:
<Add SourcePath="\\Server\Share\" OfficeClientEdition="32" >
<Language ID="en-us" />
<Display Level="Basic" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
<Logging Path="%temp%" />
<Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="0" />
<Property Name="SharedComputerLicensing" Value="1" />
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" UpdatePath="\\Server\Share\Updates" />
- Make sure the “Property Name” values are set as shown above.
- Update the source path to the network share location where the installation files for Office 365 will be stored.
- If the Display Level is set to none. There will be no user interface or progress indicator. it will be a silent install.
More information about the configuration file can be found here
\\Server\Share\setup.exe /download \\Server\Share\configuration.xml
Capture Office 365 with FlexApp using the Office Deployment Tool
After the download is complete, use the “/configure” parameter to install Office 365 Pro in a FlexApp layer.
- Login to the FPC machine and open and log into the FlexApp Packaging Console.
- Click ‘Create’ to create a new package.
- Fill in all the required fields.
- Enter the Package name
- Installer location –
- On the first line enter: \\Server\Share\setup.exe
- On the second line enter: /configure \\Server\Share\configuration.xml
(Replacing \\Server\Share with the appropriate path for your environment)
- Set the remaining options based upon your requirements.
The Office DIA package has now been created and saved successfully and can be selected for playback within the ProfileUnity web console.
Add Portability rule element to existing office rule in Portability Management
- Merge User Profile 'AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Licensing
Pre-6.5.8 -Add ReLauncherV2 files to Flexapp.zip
- Copy flexapp.zip from ProU NETLOGON directory or share to Desktop.
- Extract flexapp.zip to folder on Desktop.
- Copy ReLauncherV2.zip to Desktop.
- Extract ReLauncherV2.zip to folder on Desktop.
- Copy contents of extracted ReLauncherV2 folder into FlexApp folder, overwriting files when prompted.
- Select all files in FlexApp folder and re-zip.
- Rename zipped file to flexapp.zip.
- Copy new flexapp.zip back to ProU NETLOGON directory, overwriting previous version.
- Refresh or recompose pool so new FlexApp files (which includes ReLauncher) is pulled down. If in base you can uninstall and re-install ProfileUnity, then shut down, take snapshot and use that new snapshot for pool.
Pre-6.5.8 Add New Registry rule in ProfileUnity
Add new registry rule in main config to run relauncher.exe as a runonce reg execution. See below for example
ReLauncher.exe Config options, examples to add additional exe's.
Add New Configuration-Disable Apps.json (Optional)
The configuration json can be imported and used in cases where your office 365 install includes Visio and Project but you need to limit use due to licenses. These are pre-configured application launcher rules that can be filtered as needed.
Additional Configuration Needed For Office365-2016
If you packaged Office365-2016 a few additional steps are required before deploying the DIA package.
- In FPC, playback the Office 365 package you created earlier.
- Once the package plays back, open regedit and navigate to:
- Right-click the Experiment registry key and export to a shared network location.
4. Now, open the ProfileUnity web console and edit the configuration you will be deploying the Office365-2016 DIA package with.
5. Go into the FlexApp DIA module and configure the Office365-2016 package for playback.
6. Go into the Registry module and click ‘Add Registry Rule’
7. Browse and Import the .reg created in step 3 – this should create 6 new registry rules.
8. Save your configuration by clicking Update.
9. The configuration is now ready to be deployed and the package fully ready for playback.
Note: If the Office365-2016 package needs to be played back on the FPC machine in the future, you will need to manually import the .reg saved in Part III-Step 3 before playing the package back. If you do not, you will eventually receive a ‘Something went wrong’ error when attempting to open any Office program.
Additional Related KBs: