Product Version: Observed on 6.0
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: February 26, 2016
Portability files are not saved at logoff. In the Portability logs, with debug error logging enabled, the following message appears:
skipping portability logoff, logon error file exists
This occurs on persistent VMs or workstations when Portability fails to completely load.
1. Open c:\users\%username% within a session to the VM or physical desktop.
2. Turn on 'Show Hidden Files' in Explorer.
3. Delete the ProfileUnity Portability error file.
4. Log off the VM or workstation, then log back in and out one more time so Portability will write.
5. Check the Portability logs to verify Portability successfully finished writing.