Product Version: Any
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: March,14, 2016
How to update ProfileUnity Client Tools after ProfileUnity Console upgrade.
Need to update or install new client tools.
Recommended: Back up all of the files in \\domain\NETLOGON\ProfileUnity directory to a separate location.
1. Go to ProfileUnity console, Administrative section
2. Deploy Client Tools/Download Client tools.
- If "Download" was selected than extract all files from client-tools.zip, select all the files, then right-click, Copy. Paste the new files into the \\domain\NETLOGON\ProfileUnity folder (or the share where you keep the client files) and accept any prompts to overwrite files.
- If "Deploy" was selected proceed to step 3.
3. The next steps to take are determined by whether ProfileUnity is installed on the base image.
a. If ProfileUnity is not installed on the base image (default configuration):
i. Refresh the catalog (VMware View) or set the catalog to Maintenance Mode and reboot all machines, then take them out of maintenance mode (XenDesktop).
ii. Verify the upgrade using the instructions below.
b. If ProfileUnity is installed on the base image:
run: LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Startup.exe application if elevated CMD window
Note: If system restarts during update than re run the installer again.
Step 3) Recompose the catalog (VMware View) or update the catalog image (XenDesktop), then verify the upgrade using the instructions below.
Verifying the Client Tools:
How to verify what version is installed on the client machine and/or is residing in \\domain\netlogon\profileunity directory:
1. Right-click on client.exe executable in the \\domain\NETLOGON\ProfileUnity folder (or the share where you keep the client files) and click Properties.
2. Right-click on client.exe located in c:\program files\ProfileUnity
3. Click the Details tab and compare the file version with the Version Matrix here.