Product Version: 6.5.+
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: Dec 30, 2015
Existing user vhds are too small or filled up and need to be expanded
While there are other 3rd party tools you can use Windows 10 to accomplish this goal. Also this should resize any vhds regardless of OS used to create the vhd.
- Make sure the disk isn’t mounted in session
- Copy VHD locally to Windows 10 machine (command might work with network path...but does work locally.).
- Open powershell as admin
- Run this command (example for 5GB)
- Resize-VHD –Path C:\test.vhd –SizeBytes 5GB
- Mount Disk with Diskmgr and expand partition
- Copy back to original location (as same name)..
Once a VHD is created with any part of ProfileUnity, it no longer cares about the size of the disk when mounting.