Product: Stratusphere FIT/UX
Product Version: 5.3 and earlier
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: Feb 15, 2012
To fix the certificate errors youneed to place a signed certificate in the hub.
Note: ProfileUnity runs on adifferent port from Stratusphere. ProfileUnity runs on 8443.
Stratusphere™ runs on 443.
1. Log into the console of the Stratusphere™ Hub using root/sspassword as credentials.
2. Move into the backend folder which has an existing certificate:
· cd /var/empty/backend
3. Backup the original certificate. The ".keystore"file is not visible unless you use the "ls –al" command.
· mv .keystore .keystore.orig
4. You now have to generate a new public/private key pair. Runthe command below to do so. When prompted for the password, use"changeit". The command will then prompt the user for "first and last name", please use the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the Stratusphere™ Hub. The command will then prompt for additional information such as Organizational Unit, Organization Name, City, State and Country Code. Usethe same password "changeit" or hit ENTER for <tomcat>password.
· /usr/java/default/bin/keytool-keysize 2048 -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore/var/empty/backend/.keystore
5. You now have to generate the Certificate Signing Request(CSR) that you need to provide to VeriSign, RapidSSL or any internal certificate authority. When prompted for a password, use "changeit".
· /usr/java/default/bin/keytool-certreq -keyalg RSA -alias tomcat -file /var/empty/backend/hub.csr -keystore/var/empty/backend/.keystore
6. Copy this hub.csr file to the /home/friend folder and useWinSCP to download it to your desktop. To connect to the Stratusphere™ Hubusing WinSCP use the friend/sspassword credentials to connect. Alternatively you can also use "cat" to copy it out of the console itself.
· cp /var/empty/backend/hub.csr/home/friend/hub.csr
· or… cat /var/empty/backend/hub.csr
7. Use this CSR to get your certificate from your CertificateSource such as VeriSign, RapidSSL, or an internal certificate authority.Depending on your certifying authority, you will receive a X.509 certificatefor your server along with an Intermediate CA Certificate. Save these two certificates as hub.crt and intermediate.crt and use WinSCP to upload them to theHub. Use friend/sspassword as credentials within WinSCP to copy the certificateto the Hub's /home/friend folder. Then log into the console of the Stratusphere™ Hub again using root/sspassword to login as root.
8. If and only if, you received an Intermediate CA Certificatefrom your certifying authority then execute the following command, otherwise skip to next item:
· /usr/java/default/bin/keytool-importcert -keystore /var/empty/backend/.keystore -file/home/friend/intermediate.crt
9. Execute the following command to import the certificate into the keystore:
· /usr/java/default/bin/keytool-import -alias tomcat -keystore /var/empty/backend/.keystore -trustcacerts-file /home/friend/hub.crt
10. Make sure you provide the right permissions for the newkeystore file for the service that needs to access it:
· chown vsservice/var/empty/backend/.keystore
11. Restart the backend service to read the new certificate and be ready to accept new connections.
· sv restart tnt-backend
Note: Access the UI from the web browser and see if it works without warnings. If it fails, replace/var/empty/backend/.keystore with /var/empty/backend/.keystore.orig and restart backend.