Product: Stratusphere FIT/UX
Product Version: N/A
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: Feb 15, 2012
Problem: How do I increase storage capacity on the Stratusphere™ Hub on XenServer?
Here is the process to add storage to a Stratusphere™ Hub on XenServer:
- Shutdown the Stratusphere Hub.
- In the XenCenter Client, add a disk to the Hub by clicking on Storage for the Hub. Provide an appropriate name.
- Power ON the Stratusphere™ Hub.
- If using Stratusphere™ version 4.8.1then skip to step 5 below. If using a version prior to 4.8.1 then do the following:
- Open the console on the Stratusphere™ Hub and login using the root/sspassword credentials.
- Use VI Editor to edit the"addrive" file using the following command
- vi /opt/tnt/bin/addrive
- Go to the line with DISK='ls -1/sys/block|egrep -v 'ram|md?|fd?|hd?', and using the x key, delete the string'|hd?' from end. Hit the ESC key then enter ':wq!' to save and exit the file editor. On the command line enter "exit" to log out of the root console.
- Log in to the Hub console using the default credentials ssconsole/sspassword.
- Type in "show disk" -- it may show 3 errors then show hdb, where hd is for the IDE and b is the next diskin line.
- Type in "add disk hdb" to add the disk to the appliance. The console will now show a bunch of commands initializing the disk, formatting it and copying data over to. At the end youshould get a "Done" message. If you get an error message, please renter the command and try again. If the problem persists please get in touch with Support.
- Type "exit" to leave the Hub console