Product: Stratusphere FIT/UX
Product Version: ALL
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: Jun 26, 2012
Unable to complete configuration of the Stratusphere hub in a Xen environment where DHCP is not configured.
When DHCP is present, the hub will attempt to obtain a DHCP address upon boot, then present the status screen. The administrator will then connect to the acquired address and complete the configuration of the hub.
When DHCP is not present, the administrator is required to go to the console to configure the hub, which is not supported on Xen. The administrator is then unable to move past the status screen.
The work around is to configure the hub network information manually by following these steps:
1) Shut down hub (gracefully.. shut-down should work from Xen center)
2) Edit the bootup properties for the appliance (General-> Startup -> Startup Options)
There should see a line similar to this:
text utf8 crashkernel=64M@16M elevator=noop
- append 'single' to the end of this line to make it look like this:
text utf8 crashkernel=64M@16M elevator=noop single
3) Boot the VM. It will go through a limited boot and then load into a root shell.
4) Edit the file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0. It will look similar to this:
This file needs to be changed so the BOOTPROTO is set to static and the IP/Netmask/Gateway defined:
5) Save the file and shut down the machine by typing 'halt -p'
6) Change the bootup properties back to the original (remove the 'single' option)