Product: Stratusphere FIT/UX
Product Version: 5.7.x and above
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: May 15, 2015
Stratusphere appliances ship with multiple disks. Some are expandable while some are not. It is important to expand only the right disk to avoid any waste of space on storage. Please follow the instructions below closely to ensure successful disk expansion.
- Go to Stratusphere Online Sizing Guide for sizing recommendation: http://www.liquidwarelabs.com/products/stratusphere-sizing-guide
- Logon to vSphere Client, select the Stratusphere appliance you want to edit, and click on Edit Settings. On Stratusphere Hub, you will see the following:
while on DB appliance, you will see additional drives:
- Select the drive you need to edit. Hard disk 1 is the boot disk (OS). Because it contains multiple partitions, it cannot expand automatically. Hard disk 2 is for swap. It is expandable but normally you do not need to make any change. Hard disk 3 is the database disk, and DB appliance as two additional disk for database temp (for query caching) and transaction logs. These are the disk that we want to size properly. Edit the disk to the desired size per sizing guide recommendation.
- Once all the modifications are complete, click OK the save the settings.
- Stratusphere appliance will detect the disk size change and automatically at the next startup. Reboot the appliance at your earliest convenience.