Product: Profile Unity
Product Version: 6.5.7+
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: Oct 13, 2016
Problem:How to DIA Chrome with Chrome Extensions
Begin packaging Google Chrome as directed by the following KB.
However do not finish or save the package after chrome is installed. To load extensions into Chrome for your users, you will want to edit the master_preferences file.
Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\master_preferences with a text editor.
Follow the Pre-installing via master_preferences section from https://www.chromium.org/administrators/pre-installed-extensions to edit the master_preferences file.
After you have edited the master_preferences file, finish and save the DIA capture of Chrome.
Note: When deployed, it may initially take a few moments for the extension to load. To help with this behavior on following logins, a portability rule for Chrome can be created.
- Create a "Google" Ruleset in "Portability Management"
- Capture this directory:
- Merge "Local Application Data" Google\Chrome\User Data
- Exclude "Local Application Data" Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache
- Exclude "Local Application Data" Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Media Cache
- Create a "Portability Settings" rule in configuration to save "Google" ruleset.