Product Version: All
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: Apr 3, 2018
ProfileUnity Users Are Unable To Login After Upgrading to Citrix XenApp 7.16
After upgrading to Citrix 7.16 or later, a ProU User (usually associated with a ProfileDisk) attempting to login is immediately logged off after the ProU splash screen.
The issue is caused by a malformed userinit when ProfileUnity’s startup.exe is run. To resolve:
- Login to the XenApp machine with the local admin account, using the console.
- Open regedit and navigate to:
3. Find the userinit entry.
4. Correct the userinit entry so that it shows:
C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,C:\Program Files\Citrix\Virtual Desktop Agent\upmEvent wait
5. Close regedit to save corrected path.
6. Users should now be able to login without issue.
- Commonly LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.Startup.exe is setup to run on boot via GPO. If startup.exe is run again on this machine, the userinit value will again become malformed. Therefore, it is recommended to disable statup.exe from running in GPO after this fix has been made.
- This will be fixed in ProfileUnity 6.8.