Product Version: 6.8.x
Expiration: 365 days from publishing
Updated: Dec 6, 2018
No ProfileUnity License Server defined. Please contact your system administrator.
This pop up is triggered because ProfileUnity client tools 6.8.x can't find the ProfileUnity console which is License Server. It can only find the console if it was installed with "ClientSettings.xml" present.
Step 1) - Deploy ClientSettings.xml
- Go to "Administration" Page in ProfileUnity console.
- In "Client Settings" section:
- Verify that "Communication Type to Broker Messages" is set to "Licensing Only Fabric Use" only if you are not currently using ProfileUnity ProfileDisk.
- Verify that "Deployment Path" is where your ProfileUnity client tools are located and lwl.profileunity.client.startup.exe is located.
- Select "Deploy Client Settings" This will download ClientSettings.xml to your Client Tools directory listed in "Deployment Path". ClientSettings.xml contains profiledisk information (replacing nodes.xml) and connection string which contains location and name of the licensing server (ProfieUnity Console).
Note: If there is custom setting for "Nodes" in GPO than this ClientSettings.xml needs to be copied there manually (Select "Download Client Settings).
Step 2) - Update ProfileUnity Client tools to read the new "ClientSettings.xml"
- Option 1) If there is GPO Computer Startup Script running lwl.profileunity.client.startup.exe than restart/refresh your desktops/pool
- Option 2) If there is no GPO Computer Startup Script than go to Gold image and re-run ProfileUnity's installer (lwl.profileunity.client.startup.exe) in elevated CMD window. Recompose the pool.
1) In ProfileUnity 6.8.0 when console was rebooted the PU console service starts too early before "RabbitMQ" Service.
Resolution is to restart "Liquidware Labs ProfileUnity Service" on the ProfileUnity Console Server.
2) Troubleshooting missing licensing configuration:
The C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\Client.NET\LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.License.Service.exe.config should contain same connection string as its found in ClientSettings.xlm which was downloaded from ProfileUnity console and placed in the same directory as lwl.profileunity.client.startup.exe which was uses to install ProfileUnity client
If there are any problems with client machines contacting licensing server or desktops/users finding a license server please contact support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and attach 3 files:
- "clientlicensingservice log" which is found in c:\windows\temp\profileunity.
- "LwL.ProfileUnity.Client.License.Service.exe.config" found in C:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\Client.NET
- "ClientSettings.xml" from netlogon\profileunity share (same as client tools location)
Example for client service log:
Testing Connection between the machine and the ProfileUnity console:
You can test in session the connection for the port used for licensing fabric requests by running the below via powershell.
powershell Test-NetConnection -Port 5672 -ComputerName IP or FQDN of ProU Server