Product Version: 6.8.1, 6.8.2
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: May, 8 2019
Existing users are not having issues with their ProfileDisk, however new users are seeing multiple profile paths.
When a ProfileDisk is used, a userprofile.reg file should be generated within the ProfileDisk\%username% directory. Most likely user scripts are disabled in the environment if the userprofile.reg file is not seen in the ProfileDisk\%username% directory.
This issue should be addressed in version 6.8.3
Part A) Add a User Defined Script rule to generate the userprofile.reg file.
- Access the ProfileUnity management console, click on Configuration Management and select the configuration that is used.
- Select the User Defined Script module and click on the "Add User Defined Script Rule" button.
- User the following settings for this new rule:
- Execute: After ProfileUnity at Logon (Post-Logon)
- Type: Executable
- File: c:\Program Files\ProfileUnity\FlexApp\lwl_profile_mgr.exe
Click on save and update/deploy the configuration.
Delete the existing ProfileDisk to recreate a fresh disk.
Test and most likely the problem will go away.
Part B) In case it does not follow these steps:
- Create GPO registry key:
- Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Liquidware Labs\ProfileUnity
- Value name: Pdusecontainerservice
- Value type: REG_DWORD
- Value data: 1
- Base: Hexadecimal
- Upgrade ProfileUnity tools to 6.8.1 or later
- Recompose your pool.
Note: Update also your userinit.exe on the network share where you have extracted client tools.
Example of GPO registry key that needs to be created:
After refreshing the pool and restarting the VM's profiledisk will be mounted to this path:
For internal compatibility reasons this path will remain available :
this is expected Example:
ProfileDisk is mounting in this directory: