Product: Stratusphere FIT/UX
Product Version: All, scripts included in version 6.1.4+
Expires on: 365 days from publish date
Updated: June 10, 2020
Automated Database backups need to be ran on the Stratusphere Database and scripts executed for stopping/starting the database service before/after the backup.
1.WinSCP the files linked below attached below to /home/friend/ on your database appliance (or hub appliance if no separate DB) as friend/sspassword
2. Putty or ssh to your DB appliance (hub appliance if no separate DB) as friend/sspassword and run the following
- su -
- mv /home/friend/pre-freeze-script /usr/sbin/
- mv /home/friend/post-thaw-script /usr/sbin/
- chmod +x /usr/sbin/pre-freeze-script /usr/sbin/post-thaw-script
- chown root.root /usr/sbin/pre-freeze-script /usr/sbin/post-thaw-script
3. Now you can do the backup with a third party tool. Just be sure to enable an option in the tool similar to "Quiesce guest file system" in vSphere. This needs to be enabled to sure that the pre and post scripts fire off via VMware tools.
You can ensure the scripts are working by looking at /var/log/postgres_backup.log which is the log specifed within the scripts.
- tail /var/log/postgres_backup.log
You should see output like this:
2019/04/22 14:33:44: Start of creation consistent state
Stopping postgresql-9.6 service: ESC[60G[ESC[0;32m OK ESC[0;39m]
2019/04/22 14:33:45: Finished freeze script
2019/04/22 14:33:51: Release of backup
Starting postgresql-9.6 service: ESC[60G[ESC[0;32m OK ESC[0;39m]
2019/04/22 14:33:53: Finished thaw script