Product: Stratusphere UX - Hub, Collectors
Product Version: 6.6.0
Expires on: N/A
Updated: Apr, 2022
The purpose of this KB is to provide an adhoc fix to the deployment steps listed in Appendix G of the installation guide: Stratusphere™ FIT & Stratusphere™ UX: Installation & Configuration Guide (liquidware.com)
The patch is to be applied to: HUB and Collectors appliances only.
You should apply the patch if you plan on deploying the agents via StratoDesk Management Console and are using either or HUB and Collector as the source for download.
1. HUB and Collector have a bug that causes the download of the CID to fail while deploying it using StratoFesk Management Console for either of the two errors:
a. StratoDesk receives a Broken Link Error on the management console.
b. Downloads the CID but the CID is delivered with a zero file in its package.
The patch ideally should be applied just after deployment of the 6.6.0 appliances, whether they are new standalone 6.6.0 or upgraded appliances but it is OK to apply to appliances that are already in use.
1. Download the patch attached to this KB named "lwl-collector-backend-1.0.0-79041.noarch.rpm" and upload it to the HUB and Collector using something like WINSCP as friend user into the /home/friend directory.
a. SSH to each appliance as "friend/sspassword" and switch to root using "su -"
b. Execute the following commands:
chmod 777 lwl-service-cidd-0.1.1-1.x86_64.rpm
rpm -Uvh --nosignature lwl-service-cidd-0.1.1-1.x86_64.rpm
systemctl restart lwl-cidd
/opt/tnt/bin/showactcert > /opt/tnt/var/backend/activation.crt
2. Repeat steps in StratoDesk Management console per Appendix G once again.
- Please consider the following for deployments in the cloud:
- AzureUser = /home/azureuser
- AWS = /home/ec2user
- Execution changes are run respectfully under the cloud user with "sudo bash"